SIMO KIEGAING RODIN
SIMO KIEGAING RODIN
We have great pleasure to present to you a young, successful and very ambitious guy from Cameroon.
- Basic information about you: full name, place of birth, place of residence, education and job title.
My Name is SIMO KIEGAING Rodin.
I was born in Buea, in the South West region of Cameroon. Today I live in Douala, the business capital of Cameroon. Education wise, I have a Degree in Mathematics from the University of Buea. Afterwards, I took part in the Cameroon Leadership Academy to strengthen my leadership and management skills and I also did several certifications in Data Science.
Today, I am the Executive Director of Math Entrepreneur and Coordinator of the blood transfusion process optimization project in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- What is your definition of success?
To me success is finishing what we started.
- What is your definition of a really good business team?
A good business team is one that is made up of complementary skills working towards a common goal.
- What motivated you to start and found Math Entrepreneurorganization and where did you get your inspiration from?
In 2013, as a student at the University of Buea, we realised that several African companies were going bankrupt due to lack of market research and data in their domain. We created Math Entrepreneur in order to use mathematical tools to help businesses be more productive, and also to encourage our junior High School students to pique interest in Mathematics, Data Sciences and Artificial Intelligence.
- You are the founder of Math Entrepreneur, can you tell us more about this organization?
I cannot take credit for being the founder of Math Entrepreneur. I am but one of the 3 founding members, who came together to create Math Entrepreneur. Math Entrepreneur is an organization which operates in excellence, empowered and driven to transform the African continent through research, innovation and entrepreneurship in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). Math Entrepreneur’s main objective is to use mathematical techniques to tackle problems in business and everyday life whilst triggering in young Africans the zeal for careers in STEM. Our team translates the astuteness of Mathematics into life by providing amazing products and solutions to problems in Social sciences, Agriculture, Education, Energy, Environment and much more. We analyse the issues around us, and craft perennial solutions through attractive mathematical components, in hope of stimulating interest in mathematics and its problem solving potential.
- What are the most famous business events in your country?
The biggest business event in Cameroon is called “Promote”: it is an event that brings together different level companies (small, medium and large enterprises), from diverse business sectors.
- What does education look like in your country, are there public schools and private schools?
Cameroon has two official languages, hence two educational subsystems;the French-speaking subsystem and the English-speaking subsystem tokens from its colonial history. We do have both Public schools and Private schools.
- We know so little about the tourist offer of Cameroon. At which level is it and how would you rate it?
Cameroon is a magnificent country pertaining to Tourism. The first thing you should know is that Cameroon has two climates: an Equatorial climate and a Tropical climate. Cameroon’s flora and fauna is very rich and we have various reliefs. We have mountains, forests, savannas and deserts, lakes, rivers and seas. Culture wise, Cameroon has 254 ethnic groups, which credits us with a flourishing cultural variation coupled with the hospitable nature of the people. However, there are presently some regions undergoing a crisis which makes access difficult.
- What interesting things do you suggest to tourists to buy as a souvenir in your country?
A tourist who visits Cameroon will have a plethora of options as souvenirs namely fabrics such as Ndop, sculptures, jewelry and pottery to name a few.
- Which products is your country specific to?
In agriculture: Banana, pepper, coffee, cocoa, palm oil.
- If you had to single out 5 specific things related to your country, which five items would it be?
Cameroonians have a fighting spirit, hospitality, a strong sense of humor, a great capacity for adaptation, and are very intelligent.
- Which 10 locations would you recommend to tourists from Serbia to visit in your country?
- Mount Cameroon
- Lobe Falls
- Seme Beach Limbe
- The Mousgoum huts
- The Blue Lagoon of Lagdo
- Kola Gorge
- Waza Park
- Garoua Zoo
- The massifs of Mount Oku
- The Bamoun Museum
- Have you ever visited Serbia and have you had cooperation with any company from Serbia?
I have never visited Serbia but I would like to do so one day. I have a partnership with an organisation namely: Arabic Center for International Cooperation. That said, I hope to have partnerships with companies in Serbia as well.
- What is your advice for the young people as we believe that they will find inspiration and motivation in your words?
My advice for young people is to always practice integrity and patience. Success is not competing with others but it is success in finishing what you started.